Grace Community Services
Grace Community Services (GCS) promotes respect for human dignity for people whose chances of a promising future are diminished by isolation and food and housing insecurity. We do this by mobilizing hundreds of volunteers to effect change in people's lives.
GCS operates The Senior Center for Healthy Living every weekday and the Breakfast Plus program every weekend morning to:
• Provide a safe space where people who are unemployed and under-employed, homeless, elderly and isolated find community, opportunities for engagement, advocacy, health and wellness programming and direction
• Fill gaps by providing nutritious meals for those suffering from food insecurity
• Promote healthy aging and help people maintain or establish independent living
• Educate the broader community about hunger, homelessness and the needs of isolated seniors in Jersey City and Hudson County
• Provide opportunities for everyone to experience self-worth by sharing the privilege of service.